McDonalds Toys

Why the hell do ppl get so upset with the toys in Mcdonalds Kids Meals?? It is abs redic and if you think your child is obese from the happy meal then stop going to Mcdonalds! Seriously?? Im saying this because San Fransisco banned the toys for that reason and the rest of CA is contemplating this. How do you feel??

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It will prevent kids asking for it, but it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Answer by older at 8:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• They are banding them here too after the first. My daghter has an eating problem and the toy is how we got her to eat. I agree if they think it causes obess then it the parent's fault not the toy in the meal. PLus my mother collects them and has some from like 10+ years ago. I think it is stupid to band them and someone should talk to those that got them banded.
    Weeliz

Answer by Weeliz at 8:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Personal responsibility. It's never the child's fault for asking for it, nor is it the company's fault for making it. It's the parent's fault, for not setting limits and making sound decisions.

We do McD's or other fast food once in a while. We went to McD's when they had the Madame Alexander dolls in the kids meals, my girls really like those! But we eat very well nearly all of the time, so an occasional treat won't hurt.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 8:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• There's no way that removing a toy from the Happy Meal will make kids stop asking for it. Parents need to be parents and set limits on their kids. Even when my kids do ask for something, if it isn't something that I think is right for them I have no problem telling them NO.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• This is where the word "NO" comes in to play. On the occasion we do go there, it is a treat and we go because he has been cooperative while out...not because he's BEGGED me to go.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think it's just another ridiculous law that is infringing on people's right to make CHOICES.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• They just try to lay blame on someone. If they are going to overeat, being without a toy won't keep them from it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• that is dumb... my kids want the food, and usually throw the toy away ( except right now they have Hello Kitty watches, and my daughter and son like them lol )
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i wish the goverment would spend that energy fixing the country they broke... rather than policeing the people.
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 9:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Ultimately its up to the parents to be responsible and make good sound choices for their children. I highly doubt that banning the McDonalds toy is going to make much of a difference in obesity in todays society.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2010