What is IEP?

I'm dumb when it caome to ebbriviatios. See i can't even spell is. I don't know what IEP means .

Weeliz

Asked by Weeliz at 9:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Health

• It stands for Individualized Education Plan. It's a document created with input of the school, the parents, and any other professionals that work with the child (and the child after, I believe, age 14?). It describes how the child learns, their strengths and areas where the child needs help or modifications made to assignments or testing. The school is held accountable to follow the IEP.

Answer by missanc at 9:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• A child can have an IEP at any age they are in school. Age does not matter.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My son is 14 and has had an IEP since second grade. He has a mild learning disability, they call it dysgraphia...is a visual processing problem. Anyways, the IEP can be in place as long as the child attends school. The school will review it at the begining of every school year for any changes or updates that need to be done. My son's school, when he started Jr High wanted to drop the IEP because he was doing well in school, but I didnt let them. He may need tutoring in high school or whatnot and i'd have to fight like crazy to get it reinstated.
    witchypoo1228

Answer by witchypoo1228 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• ^^ yep.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2010