3 year old and vomited twice yesterday ...no fever....no diarhea...

marygabriella

Asked by marygabriella at 9:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well how are they feeling today? it could have been just the 24 hour bug
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Sometimes my 3 year old son will drink too much too fast and then all the jumping, running, etc. will make him vomit. Or if he coughs too hard when he has a cold. If he/she did have the flu/ 24 hour bug you need to keep him/her off milk for a day or two because that will make them vomit when they are already sick.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My 3 year old was up vomiting the other night, nothing else and fine by the following afternoon (since he was up all night he slept all morning).
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• my son is 3 and vomited a couple days ago a couple times, both all it was, was mucus. he's got a cough and you can hear the congestion. if that's what it is for your son, get some mucinex (i got the off brand kind) and give him a half a teaspoon. i did this twice a day, morning then night, for 2 days and it's cleared up a bit. he now has pinkeye, so when i took him to the doctor about it i mentioned the coughing and what i'm giving him. he's 36lbs so the doctor said what i was doing was fine (technically under 4 isn't supposed to have it without a doctors consent, but that's just the company saving their butts) and it seems to be working so they didn't give me anything for that. which was fine with me cuz the pinkeye meds was more money i wasn't wanting to pay out.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2010