i have a major problem...

i am 27 weeks pregnant and i am really stressed out and depressed..all i seem to think about is how much i want coke or alchol or whatever pills i can find..but i would never do them because i am pregnant and i dont want to hurt the baby...i really need someone to talk to about it because everytime i talk to my husband he gives me this big lexture about how i shouldnt want to do drugs or drink just because i am stressed..aand all this other stuff...please help me...i dont know what to do or who i can talk to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First of all, hold your head up high! Be proud of the fact that you are only THINKING about drugs and alochol. For the love of your baby, you are remaining clean! While you have this extra motivation, why not seek some counseling to help with the root problem that had you wanting to do these self destructive things! Your precious little one is gonna need you to stay clean after he/she arrives too! I'll say a prayer for you! God bless!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• At least you realize that you have a problem...give yourself credit for that. You do need help. Call your doctor and express your concerns. There are treatment options to help you through this and to support you while you are pregnant. Many women have had these issues..you are not alone. Trust your doctor and follow his/her advice. good luck...I am glad that you are asking for help and by doing so you are putting your baby first.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Get yourself into AA and/or narcotics annonymous. Having a baby is stressful but raising one is too. You need to get on top of the situation before you make yourself sick. You can't depend on your husband but you can depend on others who understand where you are coming from and will not judge you.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 12:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Im sorry you're going threw this! Talk to someone close who you can trust mines my mom when I get down and think about doing things I know I should'nt! If its you're husband then try to let him know how serious it is and he may listen! If not find someone that will!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I will always be here to listen if you need someone to talk to. Sometimes it's easier to talk to people you know you will never meet than people you are close to.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I am sorry to hear that. Trust me some people don't understand that some people do use excape mechanisms such as drugs or alcohol. And to quit for your child is a great unselfish act. And very hard I might add. It is always a struggle to go day by day and being pregnant and hormonal doesn't help in the least. I hope you are not being in the same company that does these same things, because that makes it ten times harder. And I hope ur bd doesn't do it, because its already hard on you to try not to do it.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 1:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Try to place yourself around people who are positive and motivated, you will find yourself wanting to be positive and outgoing. I don't know if you are religious but try a humble church, I found one that had all walks of people come from it, and alot had difficult past and understands how it is to be in that situation, and are not likely to pass judgement but too be suportive. but guess what, I AM PROUD OF YOU!!! You took a wonderful hard step to ask for help, and if you want you may talk to me, if I could be of any help to you.
    MommaKee

• I totally understand what you are going through...I am 33 weeks prego and my first 4 months were very hard for me because I have smoked marijuana since high school. Not a pot head or anything, but joints here and there to relax. I was really stressed and people even told me it wouldn't hurt the baby, but I made the decision not to smoke while I was prego. I have also wanted some wine these last couple of weeks to relax but I won't do that either. Just remember it isn't worth hurting your INNOCENT child and besides you won't be prego forever...find other ways to relax...yoga, crocheting, cooking, reading, etc. hope this helps you out...god bless!
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You, you are so close to what my daughter is going through. And she'll make it. So will you...if you reject and stay clear from the people who you know do drugs. She now has a good idea of what it means to grow up and take responsibility. It's going to be hard, but I'm happy to say that so far shes done more than I ever thought to take care of my grandson. Get an education...get a job....get with family and friends.
    DebsDaughters

Answer by DebsDaughters at 2:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Consider pregnancy like rehab, I have haha. It sucks but it's something you just have to do for the baby. Be proud of yourself that you've been so good and you're only thinking about it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 7:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2008