Driving me nuts!!

So me and my boyfriend share a house with his best friend and his best friends girlfriend...me and this girl get along pretty well.... but we do have one problem: The heater in our house only blows heat to the kitchen and living room cuz there isnt any duct work to the bedrooms or anything...our room is right off the living room so we like to keep our bedroom door open to get heat in.... is there anything wrong with that?? we didnt think so either.... but this girl does not like that our door is open.... grrr!!! shes always saying im gonna shut this ok?? and weve tried to tell her that it gets way to cold to shut it but she wont listen.. we even bought a baby gate cuz we thought thats y she likes our door shut so her daughter dont run and out of our room... but no...she still wants it shut....ive done everything but get mean with this girl... what do i do?? we dont like to freeze!!!

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would get a electric heater for my room because i would like my privacy. but really she doesn't have any business messing with your door even if you do share a house.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• might i add that the house we all rent together is my boyfriends sisters old house she still owns it..just renting to us... and ive told her that thats the reason we bought the baby gate so we could keep the door open...her response?? Id feel alot more comfortable if your guys door was still shut... umm hello???? TOOOO FRIGGIN COLD FOR THAT!!!!!!!!! and ive told her.... she says buy a space heater! oooohhh..... and so we did..... but is still too cold in the night times!!! and she goes off on me when she wakes up and our door is open!! wtf!! im bout to snap!!!
    KaylynnsMommie2

Comment by KaylynnsMommie2 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• o you rent it from her hunh? well i would look into the laws for where you live on the condition that rental properties have to be in. i'm pretty sure that there has to be heat within the bedrooms for it to be legal. but you have to look up the specific laws for your state and find that out.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• weve checked and it is legal..as long as it heats the house its ok..and it does.... IF U KEEP THE DOORS OPEN FOR IT TO CIRCULATE.... its perfectly fine to keep her door open but if we keep ours open we get the 3rd degree... and she doesnt even pay bills!! me and my boyfriend and her boyriend doo!!! wtf!!!!
    KaylynnsMommie2

Comment by KaylynnsMommie2 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• space heaters burn houses down, my dads a fire fighter and hes had 4 houses burn down in the last 2 months due to space heaters
    momof3ttc

Answer by momof3ttc at 10:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Sounds like shes not going to give it up, can you get your own place, better privacy and better heating.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Tell her to get over it then. She is uncomfortable with it open but you are uncomfortable with it being cold. Umm freezing trumps her feeling on this one. You have taken steps to keep her child out of there and safe so you have done your part. And as long as you and your boyfriend are decently dressed and are not having sex with the door open then there shouldn't be a problem and if there still is for her then someone should tell her to find a new place to live or you and your boyfriend could move.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• were looking... but cant find anything in our price range at the moment... the boyfriend said he would have a talk with his friend about his girlfriend tonight..and im talking to her tonight about it too when she gets off work....
    KaylynnsMommie2

Comment by KaylynnsMommie2 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i love you angelmine 2011!!! cuz we have!! and we dont have sex with the door open.. lmao!! were just at our wits end right now...
    KaylynnsMommie2

Comment by KaylynnsMommie2 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2010