ugggghhh!!!! spit-up on again!!!! I don't have enough clothes for this!!! :( What do you wear all day, when you get spit-up on, food splattered on, drool, etc. I can't change 5x a day!

I LOVEEEE my kids, but COME ON! I don't own enough shirts to change so much - and 1/2 the time it gets on my pants too. What do you guys wear at home all day?
I'd like to be pretty for when DH gets home - and in the day so I can feel "dressed".... but my gosh, this job is messy! :)/:( lol!!

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Its part of being a mother..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• (as my sons flinging paint in my profile pic, lol)
    Tiffany8168

Comment by Tiffany8168 (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Get a Mom Bib LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• oh i know it's all part of it. I loveee my job and being home. Just wondering what you guys wear - and if you take the time to look good - when you're gonna stink at the end of it all. :) any "go to" shirts?
    Tiffany8168

Comment by Tiffany8168 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My kids didn't really spit up alot.. but they were kinda messy..lol.. Just plan on doing laundry 765 times a day! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had this same problem!! and heres what i did: Did more laundry then ever before AND I also wore my hubbys tshirts when all else failed :)
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• What I did when my kids were little was I had 2 wardrobes-- 1 was my 'comfy' at home clothes (sweats, t shirts, flannel bottoms) clothes that I did not care if they got messed. The other was my 'dressier' clothes (jeans, nice pants, blouses, sweaters) for when I wanted to feel 'dressed' or if I was going out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Well, at least you caught it. I went to the grocery store one time with spit up all over my shoulder. For the over the shoulder burps I always used a cloth diaper as a spit up rag. For the pants, I got nothing. How bout just buy some extra sweats for the winter months that you can change in and out of really fast. Then change into something nice for when dh gets home.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I wear a tank top and sweat pants unless I'm going somewhere. My first son had reflux and I would go through a lot of t-shirts. I NEVER looked cute and gave up on that.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had a surplus of my husbands old button down shirts. Before any feeding or changing I would throw one on like a smock.
    I once went to the grocery store with a chunk of banana in my hair. It was so unbelievably gross...especially considering just the smell of bananas will make me gag.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010