why do I feel like I have to pee if I don't if urine results came back normal?

I am 5.5 weeks pregnant as well. I been having this since before I got pregnant. Well I had a uti that I did get meds for it was very bad where I was spotting and it hurt so bad to pee and everything. Well, I ended my meds, I wasn't in pain anymore, but it still felt like I had to pee when I don't. The thing is it isn't all the time just every once in a while. More in the morning because I held it to long while I was sleeping. The thing is my ob sent me to a lab to have a urine test done I got the results back yesterday and they said i don't have a bladder infection. Why would I feel like I have to pee when I don't then? I have an appointment with him Thursday and I was going to say something to him at that appointment, but until then does anyone know what will cause this if I don't have a bladder infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Health

• If I don't drink enough water throughout the day I feel like that and will even have some burning. As long as I drink a good bit of water all day I never have a problem. The way I monitor if I'm drinking enough is watching to make sure my pee is clear. You wouldn't think drinking more water would make you pee less but you completely empty your bladder when you do go. My ob/gyn told me that cause I had the symptoms you are describing. It may be a simple fix.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Frequent urination due to hormone changes and pressure changes in the abdomen. It's totally normal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• no I feel like I have to pee, but don't and also I was like this before I got pregnant

thanks Rentamom I will try that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It could be inflammation of your urethra (where the pee comes out) too. try some cortisone cream on the out side of the urethra. NOT the inside!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• urethritis
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 6:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2010