is it normal adult content

my 7 year old has hair down there is that normal for her age i was thinking she is a little to young

its dark

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have hair everywhere except for hand and feet palms and labia. Is it still colorless,or dark?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• She is young, but her body is probably getting ready for the change. Good time to have the talk before she gets her period.

Answer by older at 10:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The children are getting mature earlier nowadays. I would just check out her hormones with a gyn. Just in case. And yes, talking about the change of the body is a good idea. Plus try to make her strong. Usually children can make jokes of the girls who are changing early. It is a serious problem. Just be aware.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My DD started getting hair down there when she was young. I can't tell you if she had it when she was 7 although by the time she turned 8 she did. I have friends whose girls started getting hair that young. Just watch her, she should be okay. Even though she has hair don't worry to much yet. Once she starts showing other signs like getting breast buds and that sort of thing. You could always mention it to the doctor and see what they say.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's hard to say what's normal because I think some girls just have more hair and darker hair in general. I think *we* started getting pubic hair around 10-12, but girls are developing earlier these days. Like the pp said, I wouldn't say much about it until other signs of puberty start.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 10:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I've raised 3 daughters and I have never heard of that in one so young.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 4:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yoweee...... 7 ?
    I was about 12 when I first started seeing it. Got my period when I was 14.My daugters too. My goodness. Maybe she needs to see a Doctor?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2010