What could be some signs that I would be going into labor in a few days or so?

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant, with my 1st child. About 3-4 days ago I started getting little sharp pains in my pelvic area. I asked my friend who had her 1st child in May 2008, and she told me that she got them too, but she didnt get them til about 2-3 days before she went into labor. I was wondering if maybe the pelvic pains could be signs that I am going to have my child before my due date of December 6th, 2008?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• who knows? every pregnancy is different.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Signs that you would be going into labor, could be loss of your mucus plug (bloody mucusy show will usually come out when your on the toilet). Everyone experience different types of contractions, some in the top of there stomache, lower stomache, and even there back. I was in labor for 4 1/2 days before I had my first baby, because they aren't stressed if you are only 1 cm dialated lol. If you were having these pains, time them. If they aren't frequent in time, I don't think I would totally freak out. Just go to your doctor in the morning. (Nine times out of ten it's your cervics expanding for the growth of your baby)
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 1:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It could be the pressure on your nerves.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Hi expecting mom. If your pains are "sharp" as you say, you should call your doctor. If they're far (as in hours apart) and, are muscle tightening feelings ,they are most likely your bodys way of moving things along. I'm not an expert obviously, so always call your doctor when in doubt.
    DebsDaughters

Answer by DebsDaughters at 1:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i am also due on Dec. 5th (ok a day off) but i have been getting the same pings and cramps as well. my dr says its just the baby hitting your nerves and the braxton hicks joining in on all the "fun". good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 2:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2008