How to keep kitty out of the christmas tree??

My cat is still a kitten, around 6 months old i guess. Very playful. We just put up the tree and he keeps trying to climb it. I've started spraying him with water but does that actually work? Will that keep him away if we stay on him a day or so??

MissAlisabeth

Asked by MissAlisabeth at 10:34 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pets

• Yes,or keep a can of beans or coins handy and give it a good shake when he gets near it. An empty Pringles can works well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It only works at the time- they dont' 'learn' not to do it. I've been spraying my kitten with water for like 10 months now every time she's bad and she still does the same things over and over. It's like they're defiant and do it on purpose or something...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I am having the same problem with my rabbit chewing (opening) the presents, and pulling off the bows
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Ha ha ha ... good luck! There are just too many temptations. If you do use a deterrent (noise/spray/etc ...) it has to be consistent, so keep her away from the tree (closed in a room) when no one is home to reinforce the "punishment".
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2010