Have you "let yourself go?"

I'm somewhere in the 50/50 range right now, but really struggling with this. I have put on a stubborn 40 lbs and I don't shower everyday --and I don't dress to impress anymore. I can't seem to get the motivation to be sexy again but my dh still looks great. ugh. Anyone else hate looking at the old pics?

charlottej

Asked by charlottej at 10:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I feel that way most of the time and I do find myself looking at ole pics.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• nope. I've always been a low maintenance woman. I shower daily and wear regular clothes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Is it possible you are depressed? I'd talk to a doctor...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yea, I am a sweatpants kind of girl....I have 3 kids and dont always get to shower every day.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No, not at all. Every effort to be "on my game" is even more necessary than ever ... I need to be healthy (both physically and mentally), I need to practice good self care. While I do spend Saturday mornings in yogapants while I clean house, I haven't let myself go.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Not at all, I am 61, I work harder at it now!

Answer by older at 10:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I am the same as you - I have 35 lbs to lose - but I've always been low maintenance in the other areas..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yes I have let myself go--I never get out of my PJs anymore and I my ex always said I was fat, ugly and would never find anyone else, so yes I let myself go which is pretty bad since I never worn make up and was a jeans and tee shirt girl to begin with!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i try to do something with my self every day but dose not always work i get my shower at about 1am befor i go to sleep guess i would be 50/50 also
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was in your same slump for about 4 years. My husband works out and runs and could likely have any woman he asked. I have just recently started making the effort to change. It hasn't been easy. It seems like it takes FOREVER to do all the things women normally do to look nice and sexy. I am NOT a glamor queen all day that's for sure but I've found that even if I don't have on makeup I still feel like I look nice because my nails are done, my hair is simple but nice, my legs are shaved more often than they used to be, I've brushed and flossed my teeth a few times a day and I try to match my clothes more than I did. I'm not where I need to be yet but I'm working on it. I also go to the gym with my husband. Watching him work out makes me want to. OMG! I actually had a young man (that makes it so much better) say, "Seexxy" to me yesterday in Walmart. There's a motivational speech! LOL
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:50 AM on Dec. 10, 2010