What are things you guys do for extra money?

My family are in a tight spot and could use an extra couple bucks, but we both work full time jobs

2prettylittle1s

Asked by 2prettylittle1s at 10:42 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 21 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• a garage sale is a good thing to do right now, Specially if you are pulling Christmas stuff out of the garage. People love to go to garage sales around the holidays.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have made $130 this week selling stuff on eBay. I also have a care.com and a sittercity.com profile so that I can get a few babysitting jobs on the weekends.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I put an ad on Craiglist for childcare. I am now babysitting two kids and bringing in an extra 500 a month.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• When I was younger I always worked full time in restaurants. Now that I am older and went to a day job if I needed extra I would go back to waitressing. The other thing is people work all different shifts maybe you could babysit for a mom who works at night. When I was waitressing all those years ago my DD was young and it was GREAT to finally find an adult who could watch her for me. Also, with the holidays you could try the mall. Two years ago I did that over the holidays. Good luck I hope you find something.

If you are crafty you could try selling them online (craigslist or ebay) or check and see if they have any craft fairs around you that you could take your things to.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you both work full time, could either of you get any overtime at your current jobs? If not, could one or both of you find side jobs?
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I should also add I go to school mon-wed nights so the only nights I have free are Thurs - sat!! Great ideas though ladies thank you!! I'm def going to try the baby sitting thing on the weekends or nights
    2prettylittle1s

Comment by 2prettylittle1s (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• A newspaper route helps.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My fiance plows snow.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Up until things got crazy at home, I've been doing freelance writing. I've also sold on eBay in the past, and during the summer months we have garage sales.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 10, 2010