do we still have to pay if they are refusing our check without giving us a notice?

there was a credit card company suing dh. we started making payments to them and they returned because of one time a check bounced and we even called them and talked to them about it before the check ever hit the bank and made arrangements to get it taken care of. since then they have been taking checks just find without a problem. they held our check for a month before sending it back to use stating they will no longer take our checks. they said in a letter that they said before they would not longer take our checks but they never did. i have ever letter from them and that was never said. and they have taken all of our checks.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 10:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• My understanding would be the same. If they change their policy and no longer accept checks, then that does not mean you no longer owe the money. It means you have to arrange a different type of payment.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The way I understand it,you would have to pay with a money order
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You still owe them. You will have to pay with a cashier's check or money order. I would try talking to them again though.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yes, you still have to pay them. They should have specified in the letter what forms of payment they'll accept.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You still pay them...just another form of payment.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• we have been paying them for a year with personal checks. in sept they changed the payment and said on that letter to make the check payable to _______. then they hold a check for a month and send it and a letter stating they have told us they will not take personal checks, when they never did that. paying the bill don't bother me, but the way they are doing things is bothering me.
    oldfashionSAHM

Comment by oldfashionSAHM (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Why does it matter? Are you having problems getting it in on time/ If I were you Id call my lawyer to get help if you need it. If you need finding one thats affordabel and fight for you, I can help.

best of luck.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010