I am not sure if it is a fantasy or if it is for real. What to do?

I have a super morbidly obese friend she weighs almost 800 lbs. She married her high school sweetheart about 10 years ago and since, their marriage has dwindled and they stay together for comfort sake and apparently it works for them.

She has been telling me about a guy that has this crush on her and I did see pics. He is this young in shape stud that is into physical fitness. She tells me that he sends her gifts and that they are having an emotional affair. She also says that they are planning to meet up for sex.

I really cannot tell if this is a fantasy of hers a way of coping with her health or if it is for real and I should scold her for attempting to cheat on her hubby.

This is sooo touchy, what to do?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• treat it as real....there are people that like those type of women....even if they themselves are "fit".
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• PS: those type of people are SOMETIMES called "fat admirers"
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I've heard of men like that too... and your friend should be careful. Men like that use women just the same as if she looked like a Playboy bunny. They're in it for the fetish sex... not a relationship. I'm not saying she's unlovable, I'm just saying that this particular man doesn't sound right.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I thought my best friend would likely spend her life single because she's very over weight, between 3-400 lbs. She's now been married for 7 years to the guy that all the girls chaced because he was such a hotty. They're still very happy together. Don't doubt for a minute that there are people attracted to over weight people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• oh, it could most definitely be real..i've chatted with some weird people and a few loved morbidly obese woman and a couple wanted to find a skinny woman to make morbidly obese {sick, i know}.
    they were pretty good looking guys too.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 2:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2008