How do you and your significat other keep things alive?? adult content

My husband and I have been together 10 yrs and married for 5. And things are just slowing down...I'm tired a lot of the times and he works nights. What can we do??

2prettylittle1s

Asked by 2prettylittle1s at 10:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Me and my husband have been together 14 years this month and married for... 8 ( oops - had to double think about that one )
    he also works nights - we leave notes /text each other randomly through the day/night we love each other and miss each other, we thank each other for whatever either one of us does ex: cleaning, dishes, grocery shopping etc. that one actually helps resentment and feeling like you do it all and has been super important and helpful in our relationship - to keep it alive, sometimes before I leave for work I put a pair of my panties on his pillow so when he gets home and sees it, he knows I was thinking of him that way -or notes in the car taped to the steering wheel - we make a date night sat night ( or whatever night works with both your schedules) after our son goes to bed - lay a blanket on the ground and just love on each other - tickles -backrubs etc.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• hmm ive been with my significant other for 7 years we have 2 childen together and another on the way, we typically just give eachother free space time to be who they are...men lol he has loved me so much more, and same goes for me he gives me my time! He also works sun up to sun down monday to sat! Get creative!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 10:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's hard when they work nights, my DH used to he would get home around 1:30am. I am the type of person who likes to be in bed early and up early too. But, every so often I would plan a 'romantic" dinner for when he came home at 1:30. I would try to take a nap during the day so I was rested (if you have kids see if grandma or grandpa or someone can take them for the night) I would have candles everywhere and fix his favorite food, we would have wine and play music that we could slow dance to. It always worked for us. You could also add a massage or a bath for two. It seems like after you have been with someone it does slow down but you just have to put in the effort and time sometimes to keep it alive.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It is very important to each have time to yourselves and time with eachother (away from work, away from kids, etc.). Try to set up a schedule for the both of you for each month. Perhaps, the first week hubs could go out with friends, the next week y'all could have date night, third week you could go out with friends, and the last week you could have another date night. Try not to do the same things each time. Switch it up. I can understand "getting bored". Here are a few more ideas...

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Make-Your-Relationship-Fun-and-Exciting&id=5023956

Good Luck!
    SrkStrickland

Answer by SrkStrickland at 11:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• humor

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Improvise

Answer by older at 10:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I also used to put little notes in his lunch so when he was at work he would get them along with a little treat of some sort. Whenever I did that he would end up calling me to talk it was sweet.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have been with my hubby since I was 16, 23 yeas ago. We have been through some ups and downs like all marriages but we managed to get through it. It was tough, epecially when the kids were little but we worked stuff out. We made a point of having plenty of time apart aswell. We decided early on in our relationship that it would be important to have our own interests apart from each other. I found that I have to keep myself happy and then it makes me a better wife. I know its hard to keep the magic but try and remember why you got together in the first place. Take care, Daisy.
    daisydays171

Answer by daisydays171 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Allow them to slow down....allow yourselves to be comfortable with each other....accept it as warm and loving...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thanks ladies!! All these are GREAT ideas and I will def try some!!
    2prettylittle1s

Comment by 2prettylittle1s (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Dec. 10, 2010