biting

My 11 month old keeps biting ow! What can I do? And if bite him back is your answer don't bother I will never be caught inflicting any harm on my child thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I understand that you feel you shouldn't bite him. At his age he doesn't understand that what he is doing is hurting you. He is getting a reaction out of you from doing it and he goes with that. So I guess my suggestion would be to ignore him when he bites you. If he doesn't get that then you could try a time out, which I don't think he will understand.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It's basically bite him back or deal with it until he gets older and hopefully outgrows it.

Good luck.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• This is a hard one if they are biting. All you can do is say NO, and keep inforcing that. At this stage theirs not much else you can do!

I personally wouldn't ignore it, because it's like anything else you don't inforce that it's not ok, how are they ever going to know it's not ok.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010