Hubby is driving me crazy!!

I want to get him something for Christmas. He won't help me out! We bought a treadmill and have been using it. We agreed it would be our big gift (his idea). I really wanted it but the whole family uses it. We cant afford another big gift but he wont gve me any ideas on something else he would like. He bought a camcorder on black friday and has been using it. He just bought 4wheeler tires off ebay for $100. I was like great that can be your christmas present..dont show dd. He was like I dont know..i was thinking about putting them on today. I told him I have nothing to get you for christmas. He said well your winch idea was good (for 4wheeler) WELL we already spent that money...I cant go buy him something for $400 now!!! HE is too late. THis is our first Christmas together and I feel bad to not get him anything but he is making it impossible!!! Im so frustrated.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• :) This brings back memories......one of the things we do now is go shopping together and we each pick out our own gift, wrap it and put it under the tree....so that the kids can see us open them... :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Does he have bags on his 4-wheeler? There are bags that you can put on 4-wheelers for storage and I wouldn't think that they would be more than $100. Sounds like he really likes his 4-wheeler, I would go to a dealer and ask to look at some accessory catalogs for ideas.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• How bout an Ipod for when he is working out on the tread mill? They have them now where you can wear them as a velco sleeve on your arm, dont have to carry it or wear it around your waist or neck...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• U too? Lol. AshleyBishop06 is right, sounds like that four wheeler is pretty important. Is there anything inexpensive you could do with that?
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• We had a discussion last night about getting something for 4wheeler. He has 2 4wheelers, a utility one and a racing one. I suggested a winch and he said we shouldnt spend that much ($400). So when Im sleeping he spends OUR money ($100) on tires. Great that can be your gift. No he thought about it and thinks the winch for utility 4wheeler is a good idea. SOOOooo now we are supposed to spend $500?? I am just not okay with it. He should use the tires as a gift IMO. I would like for him to have something under the tree but we have spent the "gift" money and he doesnt want to call them gifts. KWIM?
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• He jsut has this instant gratification..I dont care if the gift isnt a surprise..my gift isnt a surprise. i would prefer he pick something out..but then he refuses to wait until Christmas. He just uses it right then..so he got the camcorder he wants and he got the tires he wants, we got a treadmill...do I still have to get him a gift?! I did buy him cologne but that is the only thing I bought him.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't get him anything, my hubby and I rarely (read: never) get each other christmas presents, if we want something we get it usually, for birthdays and our anniversary we'll each get something. Christmas is a childrens holiday, we would rather just spend the money on our son or our families, and go out to eat dinner all together. I would just tell him- look you spent any extra money on stuff I would have bought you anyway- Merry Christmas (also we have a rule, not buying things near b-days or anniversaries so the ideas don't get stolen)
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• We did meet for lunch and discuss this. I told him I am only frustrated because I really want to have him something under the tree. It doesnt have to be expensive..i just love Christmas and love giving gifts and he is making it hard on me. He said he would like a new Fox hoodie and maybe a hat for work. We will try to pick that out tomorrow when we are shopping together. I think he gets where Im coming from.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Does he like sports? I'm lost on my hubs too so I'm just getting him anything I can find in his favorite teams, lol.
    SrkStrickland

Answer by SrkStrickland at 10:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2010