what kind of clothes to buy a newborn baby that is due in augest

I am due Augest 9th and not sure how to dress the baby lol. I have one that was due in the spring and one in the winter so not sure about this one. Due I just put them in shorts? Or do I put pants on them? That a couple days old I don't know if they will be to cold in shorts? What about swaddling the in a blanket? Wont it be to hot to do that? If I have this baby in the summer and it is say like 90 degrees do I still put on a onsie under their reagular clothes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I say get those onsies that come with the pants that way you can put on or take off the pants depending on the temperature.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Dont worry so much. If you are doing the shopping now then i would get a few pants and a few shorts. And I always put a onsie on DS when he was little. If your baby feels hot when you touch him then you know they are bundled a little to much if cold then a little cold. You will do fine. But for me about that time of year DS was in shorts and a onsie with a receving blanket if he seemed a little cold. Pants for bed to make sure he was warm enough. But dont worry you will do fine!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My 3rd and 5th were born in August. They spent most of the day in a sleeper. Even though it's hot outside, we keep our a/c on (75) inside where they spent most of their day. I did have some onesies for when we were going to be outside for more than a few minutes, but I didn't layer the onesie under their sleepers. I still swaddled them and they didn't seem overheated inside.

Answer by missanc at 11:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• ya we don't have a/c the only air in our house is in our bedroom. So why we are sharing a room I will probably put sleepers on the baby at bedtime.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• it all depends on where you live and what the weather will be like, depending on your state it could be unpredictable. It's always good to have all the clothes needed which is mostly onesies and sleepers. I personally wouldn't buy newborn clothes much, they grow out of them so quickly. It all depends on if your bringing your baby out and wanting to dress them up.
    Good luck to you and congrats!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My son is a july baby... he wore short sleeves and little tiny shorts (so cute! lol) and one piece short outfits.... at night, our home was pretty cool, he slept in a long sleeve cotton sleeper and swaddled in a thin blanket.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd buy fall clothes. August is the last month of really hot weather.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Due respect to seastrand, but the weather depends on your part of the country. Here in SoCal, August is just the start of the heat, with 100+ degrees through October.

Mine LIVED in onesies, diapers and infant gowns at night (VERY easyto change dipes with these).

Answer by gdiamante at 7:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• ive been told to dress your baby as though you would dress yourself if you would be comfortable wearing it baby should be ok.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 10:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2010