my 10, almost 11 month old is so stubborn!

now that she's mobile and getting all over the house and into everything, she's constantly touching everything she shouldn't! i know this is normal exploratory behavior, but with my other two children a simple, firm "No!" did the trick. with her, she'll keep reaching for it, and then i'll get her engaged in something else and within minutes, she's back into the non-touchable things. i know she understands no, because she'll throw a fit by kicking her legs, wiggling her hands around angrily, and sometimes even crying about it. sometimes, after i tell her no, instead of touching it with her hand, she'll slowly put her mouth on it! omg lol! she's so freakin stubborn. i have a feeling she's going to have that "selective hearing" that her cousin (my 3 y/o neice) has!

anyone else have an infant THIS stubborn? if they're older now, do they still exhibit this stubborn behavior?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hahah.. YES.. repetion and consistency is key with these type of stubborn behaviorrs.. I have to move my sons hand and did the firm NO for 2 months for him not to eat cat food loL!~ among a billion other things.. but yeah, I understnad
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• That is his personality showing! hang in there mom, it gets better!

Answer by older at 11:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would just move what you don't want her to touch. Make your life easier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Put everything up before she learns the hard way. She is a baby and does not know what can hurt her.

I had the same thing with my daughter, she was a lot of fun. The more you tell them NO the more they want it! You will have to learn how to communicate with this one. Have fun.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Wait till she is older, as in 2. Good luck, my first is like this....he is exhausting some days
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Sounds like my daughter she is ten and a half months old she doesn't do the kicking thing. However, when I tell her no she'll stop touching and look at me and then slowly bend down looking at me the whole time and put her mouth on it. I tell her all the time I love you, but I'm more stubborn than you are lol.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• yes, my son is very stubborn he knows the word No, but he keeps coming back for more, continue to displine the word no. I slighty slap my son's hand after I've said No and he doesn't it again. he thinks it's funny. All you can do is inforce it and hope they learn it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• lol i feel u! my dd is the same way! i just keep moving her and telling her no! but she just smiles and goes right back! normally i have to take into a different room and give her a toy to make her stop!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2010