Does this make me a bad mom?

I have an autistic daughter who got really sick a couple days ago. I also have 3 other daughters one of which i gave birth to 11 days ago. Well my autistic daughter doesn't understand that she needs to cover her mouth when she cough's. And on top of that she licks her hands and wipes them all over everything. And i have only gotten 3hours of sleep last night cause she decided she wanted to wake up at 3 in the morning and stay up on top of me having to get up every couple hours anyway to feed my infant. Well i decided to call her father to come get her so i can keep my infant from getting sick. Does that make me a bad mom? cause i know he's gonna try and make me feel bad about it.

megclark22

Asked by megclark22 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• No, it makes you a human. You're overwhelmed.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No it doesn't mom, it makes you a careful one.

Answer by older at 11:27 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No, it does not make you a bad mom and he shouldnt be implying that it does. I would have done the exact same thing.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No it doesn't. You have a legitimate concern and have a lot on your plate. Is he the father of all four?
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:29 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No, your daughter doesn't understand babys get sick easily. It sounds to me like you did the right thing. Congratulations on the new baby :)
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• nope. not bad at all
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Nope it makes you a good mom for asking for help when you feel you need it. BUT just so you can feel better, your nursing is helping your baby not catch it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Of course NOT. You just gave birth to a baby, don't let anyone bring you down. You are protecting your little one. Get as much help as you can until your older daughter is better or until you FEEL BETTER. It is a hard work to take care of a baby. Try to rest and hopefully everything will be better soon.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• He keeps trying to make excuses not to come get her. What should i do?
    megclark22

Comment by megclark22 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Just tell her she is going to have fun with her dad so she does not feel like you are throwing her out.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:32 AM on Dec. 10, 2010