How can i get my husband to lay off on saying things to me that he nows are hurtful and i dont appreciate?

sometimes it is when he is mad or stressed but this morning he asked where one of my hoodies was and accused me of leaving it at a guys house.

honey_bear_2787

Asked by honey_bear_2787 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• JUST SAY STOP IT AND NO MORE LOUD !!! and look like you mean it. Tell him it hurts and he will not do it again. They act like children you treat him like one. Give him his time out and leave the room!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• thanks i love that one!!
    honey_bear_2787

Comment by honey_bear_2787 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree. If they don't know they are acting like jerks then they will keep it up.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It depends on why he says them.

Is he being malicious and purposefully hurts you. And if this is the case, why does he want to hurt you? What context does it happen.

Is he doing it because he has no clue how to truly communicate his feelings and this is how his communication comes out?

Does he only do it when angry, confronted, stressed...etc? Or.. Does he do it all the time no matter what the situation.

How to handle/approach the situation and find a solution for it, depends on how/why it's happening.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Okay...first things first...gammie hit it right on the head and if that doesn't work, next time he pisses you off...say something completely horrible to him like "leave me the fuck alone...go do something useful...like trying to find that little dick of yours"...something really mean like that.

Secondly, if he's saying stuff about you leaving something at a guys house...he's hinting your cheating and if he has not cause then you have to start looking at other things. Men usually do this when they are cheating because they think "if i'm doing it and getting away with it so wonderfully, I wonder what she's doing?". He may not be but this is a good indicator to keep your eyes open. Good luck
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2010