If you have an 8-9 year old boy what are you buying them for Christmas?

You can answer anon if you want I am at a loss with what to buy my son this year. He has given me a couple ideas and I got those things but I don't know what else to get him. So please share what you have bought your boys might inspire me.lol Last year was so easy not sure why this year is so hard.lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I got him an ipod shuffle, wii games, a board game. Then a gift card to pick out something for himself.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My boy is 9 and into videogames... so we bought him the Halo Reach controller for the Xbox (he wanted one bad since he has all the Halo games)... a Monopoly board game with a trophy... a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live, and Monopoly for the Xbox360.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• This year we're trying to get him to work with his hands some more .. some of the things we bought him are a build your birdhouse kit, kids tools, etc. We also bought clothes, the glow station dome, etc. GL
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:57 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My son asked for lego sets and nerf guns. He also got some books (Nate), a gum ball machine, the game loopz- I also had a hard time deciding what to get him this year, all he wanted was nerf guns.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Now you have to bear in mind that my son is atypical in his pursuits... He asked for and is getting several DVDs of Alton Brown's television program Good Eats and a ceramic knife. The kid loves to cook and he earned the privilege of his own knife by doing the prep work for meals safely and correctly for several months.  He is also getting a Fushigi, a 1000-piece puzzle and a puzzle mat, and the new Donkey Kong/Mario Wii game.

Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My 8 year old had a few "PLEASE!" items on his list and a few others we knew he'd like but didn't directly ask for with passion. LOL! from Dh and I and our extended family:

He's getting Hero Factory sets (Lego) that he drools over. ;) Also, a Zibits play set and a new Zibits robot. The new Pokemon game for the WIi and the new Pokemon Ranger game for the DS. Sorry Sliders (another he's been oogling for ages!), bakugan stuff, the MindFlex game (I think that's it), the Loopz game, a solar filter for his telescope and a few books he's been asking for.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Well, my 9 y/o asked for wii games, a rip stick, an ipod, a cell phone, a laptop, a football signed by every player on the Colts, a mx 650 electric dirt bike, a wii drum set and creationary! So far he has only gotten one of those things and that is the board game! I think I should tell him he needs to lower his standards a bit for the big man!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My 8 y.o. DS is getting a set of RC cars (they play laser tag with each other--way too cool), a Nerf gun, and a set of Walkie-Talkies. I've heard from other family members that he is getting a few Lego sets, pajamas, and a new game for his DS. Also, for all of my kids, I picked up a bunch of card games based off of board games--Monopoly, Sorry, Trivial Pursuit, & Pictionary. They look really fun & it is a lot easier to keep track of a deck of card rather than an entire board game!
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thank you all so much I have some great ideas now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My older son is 9 and always wants Legos. In fact that's all he's wanted for the last 3 years for his birthday and Christmas. Although he's now into video games. He got a DSi XL for his birthday from my dad and my husband started letting him play the xbox. We're probably getting him Legos and a DS game.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010