DADT repeal again hits roadblock in Senate

Congress has passed the annual defense bill for 48 consecutive years.

The vote was 57-40 on a motion to proceed to debate on the 2011 defense authorization bill that contains a provision to repeal “don’t ask, don’t tell.” Supporters of repeal needed 60 votes to overcome the Republican filibuster, led by Sen. John McCain of Arizona, which had delayed debate on the bill since September.

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I get that you don't get it. and feel compelled to hurl petty insults...but still not admit your own hypocrisy....WE want out congress to be bi-partisan, YOU and your girls don't want ANY working togteher...period. and when they DARE step across that line you ladies havea FIT and call them RINO's and other nastiness...

PROMOTE the General Welfare.. Not PROVIDE it....   this is just an inflammatory right wing talking point

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• DADT needs to be on a standalone bill.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You do realize that DADT was put in the defense bill, and that is why we have it today. It was enacted in the defense bill, but it can't come out the same way?

I didn't agree with DADT when Clinton did it, genius... I am all for repealing DADT. But if they want to do it RIGHT... MY OPINION is Standalone... It pressures politicians to BE ACCOUNTABLE.. Based on most polls~The maority of Americans (both sides) are FOR repealing DADT.... You bring NOTHING to your own discussion but continuously cry, "excuses".. Too funny..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• There is more to the defense authorization bill... It's NOT just about DADT..... Try researching WHY Republicans want a debate on the defense authorization bill.... Hint: It has NOTHING to do with DADT... Let me know what you find out...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Because YOU and your GIRL CREW always call them RINO's and disreguard them when they try are work with DEMS

Because, sweet there is NOTHING in the constitution that allows for DADT... I agree with the constitution over a game of politics.. ;o).. I DO NOT agree with the Rinos on their stimulus and health care teetor-tottering...  Something you FAIL to understand, the Preamble states, PROMOTE the General Welfare.. Not PROVIDE it....   It's called a fundamental difference... In your world where it is only black or white, I get that you have no concept...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• BULLSHI$ No one believes its PROVIDE ...more political mudslinging

Then where in the constitution does it state the Federal Government should fund social entitlement? Health care? Please, show me.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Let me spell it out for you, the reason Republicans want a debate on the defense Auth. Bill, has nothing to do with DADT.... 

I know what you were saying, I am saying BULLSHIZ.....

lets see the STAND ALONE votes...

Wonder who McCain will vote with,,,,

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Lieberman and Collins are considered to make the bill bi-partisan now little girl?

Because YOU and your GIRL CREW always call them RINO's and disreguard them when they try are work with DEMS

interesting

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The Thursday motion failed after most Republicans stuck to their pledge to block any bills until a deal is reached on the extension of the Bush-era tax cuts and government spending for 2011 is resolved.
    ______________________________________
    This is what they need to be working on right now. The government spending bill was supposed to be done in October. It's not the most fun thing in the world, nor is it the most popular, but it is the most important. They shouldn't have waited so long.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Obviously, I want working together...

Don't believe it, based on the way you talk about republicans that do cross the line to work with dems....which is ODD becuase your always talking about how you are NOT a republican...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2010