how long do you have period for after c-section?

Also, how long did it take you to go back to normal activities? It has been 2 weeks and I still walk very slow and holding stomach.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ihad one for 6 weeks
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I didn't see second question..I was walking pretty stiff for about 4 weeks.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 12:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Mine lasted about 4 weeks, and I was back to normal activities by 5 weeks or so.

Answer by missanc at 12:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My first c-section I bled for 3 weeks, second c-section 8, almost 9 weeks. I was comfortable moving around and doing things about 2 weeks after my surgeries. Everyone heals differently, just take it easy till you feel better.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have had 3 c-sections. My first one was difficult and it took me a good 3 weeks to really get up and moving but I was still sore and tender for quite some time. My next 2 were a breeze, I was sore sure but was up and moving much sooner. Could be because I had other children to chase! My periods lasted about 3 weeks with all of them.
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was still pretty sore for about 3 weeks. Take an easy as much as your can c-sections are no easy task. Give yourself time to heal. Don't do any housework like bending over, vacumming, sweeping or lifting heavy objects for atleast 6-8 weeks. Depending on doctor.

Also my period after was atleast 2 weeks. It can be different depending on your body, just be sure to take a easy!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i had 3 c sections the first one it took about 3 weeks to get around well and bled for about 6 weeks. second section almost 6 weeks to recover and 8 weeks of bleeding. third only about a week and a half to be getting around well and little pain im still bleeding off and on and my baby is 5 weeks old but my doctor said it could be due to my birth control causing irregular bleeding.
    sherlyn.maske

Answer by sherlyn.maske at 10:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2010