Shape-ups by SKECHERS Who has bought them

And than returned them because they hurt your back?

I bought mine at Costco for about $50. Wore them only twice, had to take them off fast and my back still hurts.

I thought it would help with my posture. I don't believe they help the butt more than regular shoes.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 12:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have always wanted to try them, and now I wont waste my money. Thank you!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have em. . I paid $110 for em. I love em!
    My sister has 4 pairs.

We both got ours at shoe stores...
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i have a pair and i love them, they actually got rid of my back pain that i've had for years! I didn't see any help with my butt though, everybody's body is different, maybe try another one of the "fitness" shoes out there. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience!
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have always have some back pain here and there I was just hoping it would help.

My PT hates those shoes lol. She is working on my back and boy that feels so much better.

Uggs so far have been the best shoes I have ever had.

gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• They're simply NOT comfortable. Sketchers are not a comfort shoe, but rather a stylist shoe. If you are looking for something great and will work to support the back, but yet strengthen and tone, you can't do better than the Earth brand shoe. They are very expensive.. but if you're looking for something that's going to last, unlike Sketchers, because they are cheap shoe... try Earth. You can get them at an upscale shoe store. Or online. But, they are well worth the money and they are not as ugly as the toning shoes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I just put mine in the donation bin for the SALVATION ARMY. I think they are horrible. They started out hurting my knees then caused me to get plantar faschia. The doctor bills and physical therapy sessions is costing me more than these stupid shoes are worth. If you just have to wear them then at least do stretches before you want in them The PT folks say that will help but they too said get rid of them.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have a pair, I wore everyday. Then I started having pain on the side of my foot. I quit wearing them, and the pain went away. When I was wearing the shoes they were very comfy. They are expensive. I think there is a spin off brand at walmart for less then half price.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I just read in Self Magazine last week that these shoes don't work, it's just a gimmick. I don't know anything from experience but figured I'd put in my two cents.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Well they certainly beat high heels! If your back hurts then you took 'em back for all the right reasons. It is terrible how they are always selling something to tighten, flatten or ect...I remember my mom using the belt that went around her butt and just jiggled it, too funny!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I wanted to try them, hmmm, don't know now.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2010