How do you know when it is time to stop spending on Christmas gifts?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• When I run out of gift ideas.

Answer by older at 12:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• NOW. lol My tree has too much under it! We are done. It gets harder as it gets closer to christmas to stop because of all those damn sales. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• when the store is closed and im out of money lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I just got paid today and Im terrified to go out shopping. Its really amazing how fast the money goes and I have been waiting to start Christmas shopping since Thanksgiving. Finally got a little cash and I just dont want to blow it all. Im sticking to the Christmas list items and not buying extra. Thats my story and Im sticking to that too
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I still stick by MY rule... if you don't have any money, take your broke a** home! You shouldn't be spending.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If I run out of money....then I am all done!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• We only spend what we can afford - so it is pretty simple. :D

We spend about $20 for each extended family (family gifts) and then about $5-15 on each of our children. That's it!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• BUDGET!

If you don't already have a household budget, create one. Most of us only have a certain amount of money to spend each month. The amount coming in, SHOULD be what determines how much goes out. If you overspend at Christmas, you'll be paying for it in future months.

If only schools taught REAL LIFE stuff, like establishing and maintain a budget...maybe our governing bodies would take a lesson too. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Did you budget? You stop when you reach your budget max. Don't put yourself in debt.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 3:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2010