How do I get baby to sleep at night? I am sleep deprived and she keeps kicking me!

I am 26 weeks pregnant and baby is up all night long. It is her most active time. How to I calm her and get her to sleep?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• mine is active at night, too. I think this is very common. Unfortunately, I am no better off to give you advice besides putting yourself on a scheduled bedtime. Sometimes this will help get the baby in sync with you. I stay up really late so mine is up with me regardless.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Try to get on her schedule and play with her push down a little and let her kick you. Talk to her too they like that. And try to lay off the sugar before bed time. I think we all have active babies lol, mine flutters like crazy at 4am
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 1:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• mine too, but i put the song "house at pooh corner" on and she calms down..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Drink chamomile tea...maybe that'll calm her down :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't recommend the chamomile tea, as I've read that it's not a safe herb during pregnancy. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. I was a stomach sleeper, and I think that may have helped keep my boy at bay.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Schedule her dancing lessons for times when the classes are open..and tell her so! Just kidding! You have to roll with the "punches" Good luck & God bless you both
    DebsDaughters

Answer by DebsDaughters at 1:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• when i was at that mark, I found that when I combined my heat pad and some tylenol PM for my back pains - it seemed to block out my son using my tummy as a jungle gym. Sometimes, I paced around the house for about 5-10 min, which helped him relax. I also do not recommend the chamomile tea....good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2008