Adultry

It says in the bible that it is a cause for divorce! How do you think God views your marriage after a spouse commits adultry?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Since Adultery is a sin, and we as human's commit sin on a daily basis.Perhaps not to such extreme as adultery. I suppose if we are willing to forgive so is God.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I dont think the Divine has a viewpoint.

I think they expect us to follow our hearts and heads in either forgiving or not forgiving and moving on or whatever we choose to do.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think he views it as Broken.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• you just answered your own question.
    Anonymous

• i think god would forgive if you wanted to walk away from your spouse after they have cimmited adultry
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It doesn't say it is a "cause" for divorce as in, if there is adultery then the marriage should be dissolved. It only says that if there is a case of adultery then that is the acceptable "reason" for divorce. Personally, I believe if you can forgive and move on then that's better but that would be up to the individual - I'm not sure I could.

Answer by missanc at 12:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Which God? Some don't care, some will give you a high five and then there are those who want to stone you to death for having a good time. I'm just happy that my Gods are not the stone throwing ones.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree with missanc.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010