Ever heard this?

That if a partner has 80% of the qualities you're looking for, you should give them a chance before you dismiss them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• No, but it's interesting.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• 80% is good. Making a big decsion like this of dismissing him because he does not have the " Fully" quality that you are looking for, hmmmm, could be something that could hurt you in the long run. I would see where it takes you. He could also bring up the qualities being with you. Maybe he needs a little boost from you or just into a relationship.. My husband did not have eveything i was looking fr, and now he does. He had nothing to show before in his other relationship/marriage as it was not good. Now he is way on my top list. I would try it and see where it takes you.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• u never know..i dont think that anyone can find 100%...everyone has faults..were all human and if it is to be graded then shit 80% is a go for it
    cleomo7

Answer by cleomo7 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I've never heard that.

However it makes sense. It's impossible to find a partner that has 100% of everything you want or need. People aren't perfect, so no one's going to find a 100% perfect match up to their list of qualities/aspects they are looking for in a parter. Can we get close, yeah we can get close. However people are flawed, so our partners no matter how high they are up on that scale, will have their flaws.
    The key is finding a partner that not only has a high percentage of what we are looking for, but also making sure that their flaws/faults are ones we can be acccepting of and live with happily (or as happily as possible).
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2010