will there be legal repurcussion?

i finally had it with my boyfriend. he went out tonite and left me with our 2 sick kids(under the age of 3 btw) so he could get drunk. i sent him a text that if he wasn't home by 730 we were over and i was throwing his stuff outside. 730 came and at 731 i started throwing his crap(everything) outside. i told him it was outside and he hasn't came home to get it. is there any legal issues about me doing this to his stuff? i dont want this to come back to bite me in the ass when we go to court over our kids.

muensters_ma

Asked by muensters_ma at 1:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• technically you didn't throw him out you just cleaned house.(that would be my excuse if I lived in a state that had that eviction thing going on). Personally I would have put it all in trash bags and not littered my lawn but when angry ppl just do, they don't think! I think you are safe on the legal stuff but then again I'm not an attorney.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I would'nt think so he's the one showing the kids and you disrespect ,irresponsibly.I don't know what his past is but it seems he really does'nt care. He will probally show up and begg oh baby i love you, I won't do it no more. (tough choice) good thing your not married. Less leagl b.. s... good luck.
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I think it depends on weather or not his name is on the lease, morgage, ect. I did this with my ex but his name was not on the lease so there was no negative effect on me. I bet you can look it up on the internet.
    mommyslove08

Answer by mommyslove08 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I don't think so. did you damage any of it?
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• both of our names are on the lease. and i don't think anything was "damaged" just a bit dirty.
    muensters_ma

Answer by muensters_ma at 10:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• He has more legal rights in this case than you do. Here in California, you have to give someone 30days notice before kicking them out. EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT on the lease or pay rent. You can't just throw him out.
    xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• There is nothing illegal about throwing his stuff out of the house, you let him know it was there so it is his responsibility to come and get it, your nicer then I am, when I threw my ex in jail for hitting me I moved out and took almost everything, I left him his clothes, 1 dish and 1 fork.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Xtina34 the laws are the same here in Texas. Even a parent of a child over 18 can't just throw them out. Even if they don't pay rent you have to give 30 days written notice. After 30 days the police will help you remove the person. If you're both on the lease be very,very careful He could come home and give YOU notice first.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I burned my husbands stuff when he didnt come home, steel toe boots and all
    Anonymous

• To be safe, I'd box it up nicely so if it rains, it'll not get ruined and put it where drivers by won't see it as freebies.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008