Potato Soup Recipe?

Does anyone have a good and easy one?

It's my baby's first Christmas, so my immediate family is coming to my place to celebrate so he can be home for his first one. I decided to make potato soup for our lunch, but never have before! Thanks!

EverydayMomma

Asked by EverydayMomma at 1:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This recipe doesn't sound the greatest when you read it, but I tried it anyway and it's the best I've ever had (and I've made a lot of potato soup!).
    Chop potatoes - about 1 medium per person. Chop an onions or 2 - depending how onion-y you want it. Chop a few stalks of celery. Chop a few carrots (1/2 - 1 pound, depending on # of potatoes). Put in a pot, and add water til the pots/vegs are just covered. Add a couple tablespoons of chicken soup base. Bring to a boil, and boil til everything is tender. Stir a couple tablespoons of cornstarch into some cold water, and add to soup. Stir in 1-2 cups frozen corn. Stir in cubed Velveeta - amount depends how cheesy you want it. When it's melted, add 1-2 cups milk or cream. Add any cooked meat you want (bacon, ham, etc). Season (black pepper is enough for me!). Heat through and serve. Do not drain water off veggies before adding other stuff!
    Anonymous

• I make a bake potato soup that everyone loves... take a stick of butter and melt it ( make into a rue with flour) add 2 boxes of chicken stock and a couple pints of 1/2 and 1/2 and salt and pepper. add 6-7 baked potatoes and green onion that have been pureed in food processor) add 1 pkg shredded cheese and 1 pgk pg bacon bits cook on stove top for about an hour you can garnish with chives and sour cream
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Be specific please! I'm not a very experience cook :)
    EverydayMomma

Comment by EverydayMomma (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I make soup every Monday, and I always make the same only different veggie. I saute a big onion in a bit of olive oil until translucent and Begin to caramelize. then add the potato cut in chuncks, salt, pepper, or even and all around spice will do, add the water and three cubes of veggie broth from maggie, and let it cook for about 30 minutes boiling.  Get a hand blender and blend potatoe soup until creamy, then a cup of whipped cream cheese, then serve. If you want creamier soups, you can always add corn starch when the liquid is boiling, and stir until desire consistency.

Answer by older at 1:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Peel potatoes cover with water add onion, butter, and boil. Once boiling add milk ( about half the amount of water used) add parsley, salt, pepper. once boiling again reduce heat to low. I also put ribbles in mine, Ribbles are egg and flour mixed add flour until dough falls apart to the disired thickness you want. add to soup cook about ten minutes, on low, ready to eat!
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 1:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My recipe is dice and cook pts first. Then drain water. Add milk till you think enough and then Add a dash of pepper if like and butter and then heat till done. I am 42 and my mom has made this same recipe since I was a kid and now I make for my girls at least once a week. another good one is about the same way but cook and use oysters. Then when soup is done fry in a skillet .
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• If you want a smoother soup you can run it through the blender, or use an immersion blender. I usually run my regular potato masher through it a bit so it's still chunky but thicker from mashing some of the stuff. My young kids & DH devour this soup!
    Anonymous

• What ever goes on a loaded baked potatoes is what I put into my potato soup. Chives, sour cream, butter, turkey bacon, milk, seasoning. Boil potatoes, drain a little, add loaded stuff, add some chicken boullion, and wisk in some flour with a dash of milk for thickness. Add cheese on top.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 8:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I will have to look for one!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I just boil potatoes and then drain off the water, add in some sauteed onion, carrot, and celery and garlic, then add in milk and broth to desired consistency. Mash up part of hte potatoes with a masher and let simmer. Oh, and add salt and pepper.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2010