Should I say Something?

My brother's soon to be sister in law is a meth addict. She has a 2 year old that has been out of her custody for 1 and a half years(TAKEN by the state) and a 4 month old she hasnt seen in about 2 months. She has boyfriends threatening my little brother's life AND his fiance's life(HER OWN SISTER),and last week my uncle walked into a drug house(I DO NOT ASSOCIATE WITH THIS SIDE OF THE FAMILY) where he saw her NAKED and high. He left,came back,busted in the door,held the guy that was running the house down so that this girl could gather her things..he put his OWN life at risk! This guy is a KNOWN dealer. He also has broken 2 of HER ribs,and beaten her on several occasions.My uncle took her to her father(they grew up together) & she admitted she was on meth and it would be 3 DAYS for her to come down from her high..within 24 hours she was BACK at the dealer's house with him. My family KEEPS getting drug into the mud and has their lives put at risk because of HER. She and I have HAD our words but it faded off and NOW THIS?! Do I even have a right to say something? I am VERY protective of my family and I feel like they're just letting her put their lives at risk!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• They are ADULTS, let them deal with it themselves. You cannot change what is going on. I would stay out of it. Your brother is going to do what HE WANTS.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd say smtg to your family. They need to let her fall flat on her face on her own.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I don't think that you would get anywhere by saying anything. I would just avoid the whole thing. Saying anything to her would be like talking to a brick wall, actually you might have more luck talking to a wall than addict. They are selfish and really do not care how it effects the people around them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• There is nothing you can do. Somebody already tried to help her but she ran right back into the situation. She'll have to learn on her own. Even having her own child taken away didn't faze her. She's a selfish person and she's going to have to do this on her own. Worry bout your life and dont focus on someone who clearly doesnt care for her own.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Then as far as the people in your family that are helping her they know what they are doing. They are adults and will have to learn the hard way that they are not helping her.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I guess I'm more trying to PROTECT my brother. He is 19 (he and his fiance have been together since they were 10). He had a severe atv accident and lost an eye,and has numerous plastic plates & screws in his face. I would I guess rather divert some of the tension off at LEAST him. This girl has told the guys that want to HURT my brother his face is 60% plastic& he has weak bone on the top of his skull FROM the accident,one wrong punch could wreck his face or even kill him :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• The others are right, you can't make people change, but you CAN pick up the phone and make an anonymous tip to the cops.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Careful where you tread. You may want to protect your brother but he's old enough to know what he's getting into. You don't want to take some of the tension of "at LEAST him" and bring it on yourself. If you're on here, you're a mom and you have children to worry about.

Personally, I'd anonymously tip off the police. But that's all I'd do other than keep trying to talk to my brother about the situation and hope HE smartened up.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2010