I was furious .. what would you do?

My MIL took my daughters medical condition and plastered it all over fb. She said she can do anything she wants b/c she's the grandmother. I was furious, and she doesn't think she did anything wrong. Also, she wrote on there that it's bs we didn't tell her first. What would you do??

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 1:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• i would tell her - "that is exactly WHY you werent told FIRST ... and you know what -- you just proved me right - dont expect to know all the details in MY family's life because you dont know how to communicate appropriately - my kid's med condition isnt public knowledge or it WASNT until you knew... you just cannot be trusted... so you cannot know personal details about us anymore!!"
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I WOULD BE INFURRIATED TO ..WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT WHEN FACEBOOK IS A DRAMA SITE AND IT JUST CAUSES MORE PROBLEMS THEN WORTH
    cleomo7

Answer by cleomo7 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• unfriend her and stop talking to her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yes, I would be furious as well. Being grandma does not give her the right to be sharing personal information about your child. I would just stop sharing personal information with her - it's what I have had to do with my MIL. The less she knows, the less she can share.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would be mad!! I wouldn't keep her updated at all if she can't quite being the gossip queen!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I didn't tell her sil did thinking she already knew.
    bseastrand

Comment by bseastrand (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have absolutely no problem getting rid of people who cause extra drama in my life so I would give her the boot after I gave her a piece of my mind. If someone causes you more hassle than not (and obviously you don't trust her that's why you didn't tell her in the first place I'm assuming) then it's time to go. No one is worth the drama and hassle, life is way too short to waste and to waste your kids life on people like that.
    tennis4lissa

Answer by tennis4lissa at 3:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2010