where should i go to start investing?

I dont want to spend a ton to get started, but i want to go to somewhere reputable

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• I like Fidelity
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Call this number, Mr Kiyosaki will explain where a good place is. Mrs Kiyosaki is also on the call (605)475-4430

Let me know if that is something that interests you.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Fidelity and Edward Jones is who we use (my husband has his at one and I have mine at the other). You can start investing with as little or as much as you like. You can set up IRA's at either one.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• First, you should probably spend some time educating yourself about the different types of investments out there and the different ways that you can work with investment advisors. The Motley Fool is a really good site to learn about investing. You need to pay attention to whether people are trying to sell you investments on commission, and to what fees are attached to your investments. An easy first step would be to go to your local bank---they will likely have someone on staff who you can talk to for free, though keep in mind that their goal is also to sell you products from the bank. Think about what you want to be investing for? Do you just want to have a bigger safety net? Are you looking to fund your childrens' college educations? Fund your retirement? These all have different investing strategies.

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I really like T. Rowe Price because they have low minimum investment amount for those just starting off. In fact I think you can open an account with zero invested as long as you set up an automatic draft of at least $50 a month. For most of us that is pretty doable.

Other places that I have looked at require a minimum investment of $500 or $1000. Which may or may not be doable...
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd also like to point out that IraqiWifeVet gave you the number for someone who sells prepaid legal plans, which it seems she also sells.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010