Have you ever noticed how Christmas ads and music creep up sooner and sooner each year?

It seems like it used to be right after Thanksgiving, now it's right after Halloween! LOL! Christmas is my favorite time of year, so I'm not complaining. I just think to myself that by the time my kids grow up, we'll start buying for Christmas right after Easter. (Wouldn't that be surreal... for those of us who are Christian?)

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 1:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i have noticed it too... but i rather have xmas songs on my mind instead of dora dora the explore song
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i'm not Christian but what does that religion have to do with the present thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I noticed this year that some stores had Christmas stuff up even before Halloween! And I am not lying, but down the street there is already a house with Christmas decorations up!! We had to drive by twice because I couldn't believe my eyes! Lol!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yup, most of our local stores had X-mas stuff up before Halloween drives my crazy! I love Christmas, but not in early October!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think it's crazy! I couldn't believe me eyes, in the beginning of October!!!!! To me, it diminishes the special feeling and meaning of the holiday in a way.
    Just2busymom

Answer by Just2busymom at 9:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Eww holy crap, we were shopping in Wal-Mart yesterday, and...

THEY'RE ALREADY PLAYING FRIGGIN CHRISTMAS MUSIC OVER THE FRIGGIN SPEAKERS!

We were in the pharmacy section, nowhere near the Christmas section, and I suddenly went "Is that Away in a Manger?!"

And then as we got to the grocery section, I heard 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas'.

It's freaking propaganda, I tell you. They're trying to force us to merry earlier and earlier. CONSPIRACY!

=D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008