Have you ever just wanted to give up?

I get so depressed sometime so lonely, I feel so worthless. I cant stop retuning to a guy who treats me like crap, that literally strips my self-esteem apart. No matter what he does I cant stop calling him. I don't have much family friends and have no one else to talk to so I call him repeatedly even when we tells me to leave him a lone. He's the father of my children and even though he's moved on I haven't fully. I don't know whats wrong with me. My children are the only things that keep me going but sometimes I get so down it over rides everything's. My pride and my esteem are gone. I just cant stand this anymore. I know I have a problem, when I was younger I attempted suicide. I hate even saying the word. I don't know how to handle stress so much. I've seen people and have taken meds before but I never felt like they worked. I don't have insurance now and cant. I don't know...I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Health

• I would swear it was me writing this. I'm right there with you. Same here my kids are the reason I'm here today. It helps to talk to people so you can PM me anytime and maybe we can help each oher
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would see if there were any domestic violence programs in your area and maybe get some counseling or join a group to meet ladies in your area. Call 1-800-799-safe. For resources.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would get into seeing someone.. a minister/pastor can help as well. I see that you are dependant on a bad situation. there is someone out there that is waiting for you, that is way better then what you have had. You are in the lowest part of life now, and that always seems to make a person feel worthless. But you are a mom and that is a quality in life that some people can not do or have. There are people out there that can help you.. Now that word you don't like to hear or say. I don't like to think of anyone thinking about it. I know you have not in a while, but remember this... your children will suffer if that happens.. I know.. My son, took his life 4 weeks ago and now i am trying to heal from that pain. So please, look for someone to talk to.. you are so well deserved in so many ways... I am always here to talk if you need to talk.. add me if you want to.. (( hugs and prayers )) to you..
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I know the feeling of wanting to give up I am a single mo with no job no money 4 hrs away from all family / friends My dd and I are also Abuse Survivors!!!
    alyssasmommy318

Answer by alyssasmommy318 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Check with your local mental health agency, they should be able to help you in more ways than one. My husband suffers from bad depression because of his health and the death of our only child. I have been told that I am a good listener, so like the other ladies have offered, if you just want to talk, vent, whatever, feel free to PM me at any time. Things will get better, it just takes time. Hugs hun.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yes, about a month ago was the latest. It is a hard task to not put yourself down, but one vicious cycle worth breaking. You are just punishing yourself by going to a guy who treats you as though you are less than you are.

Have you ever read the poem, "Don't Quit"? My Mom had given me a plaque with this on it when I was a teen & I find it helps. It also helps to find a good friend to listen; I think that CafeMom is a nice start. I agree with AirForce3mom: a minister/pastor is a great person to go to for support, too. If not, there are hotlines available to lend an ear. Good luck to you.

Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 3:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You need to get some help. Listen to the others. There's some really good advice there....I'll keep you in my thoughts.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You have got to get help. You are self aware enough to realize that you need help, and you just need to take the steps to do it. You need to get some support and maybe medication. Do NOT give up, you have worth and your children love you and need you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2010