Do you have any inexpensive, healthy but really flavorful recipes?

I eat so much fast food but I don't cook much and the few things I do cook can't compare to what I want at the fast food place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Easy one dish fajitas....cut up peppers and onions into strips, saute in a touch of butter and olive oil, add sliced mushrooms, cook it until the veggies are a consistency you like, we like it a bit soft so I just let it go a while. Sprinkle with a package of reduced sodium taco seasoning, maybe 1/2 a jar of salsa or so and a package of perdue shortcuts chicken... just before serving stir in about 1/4 cup of low fat sour cream. Serve with warm tortillas (I get the 98% fat free). Really good, really easy and not too bad for you. DH loves it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• chicken & rice, chicken cheese casserole, chicken & waffles, steak, potatos and onions (or use hamburger)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• One meal I made a lot when I ate meat was just a one pan meal with summer sausage, potatoes, broccoli, onions, carrots, and whatever other vegs i had on hand. Simmer/steam for about ten-fifteen minutes. Top with some fresh lemon juice. So easy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, simple, family and budget friendly; send me a message if you would like some!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2010