Leapster Explorer vs. Leapster 2

I'm trying to decide which to get my 3 yr old daughter. She's played with the Leapster 2 at her uncles (7) house, and loved it. Any suggestions???

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 1:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I agonized over this as well. I ended up getting the Leapster 2 for my kids because a) its cheaper, b) my son is only 3.5 and could end up breaking it anyway. Yes, the Explorer has a few more bells and whistles, but when I compared them on the Leapster site, it seems that its just little more advanced technology, meaning, more downloadable games, a video player, more things to do with it online, etc. None of which my kids really need. I hope I didn't make a mistake! I got a bundle with the Leapster 2, 2 games and a case for it, AND found an online coupon, I think I got a good deal. GL, let me know what you decide. I figure by the time my kids are 8 they're going to want something bigger and better anway....didn't want to waste the money when they are so young.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Great! Thank you so much! I was leaning toward the Leapster 2 for the same reason's. I think you just made up my mind. Where did you get the online coupon?
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• We went with the Explorer becasue it is MORE than just games! games, e-Books, videos, and online play that's ALOT more than the Leapster 2 has the leapster 2 is ONLY games.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 9:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2010