Report Cards

I am assuming that some have already got theirs. My little ones school breaks it up in to trimesters rather than quarters. So I am super nervous. She is in kindergarten and I feel like the biggest dork in the world. But my question is do you reward your little one for good report cards? I kind of want to get started with a system from the beginning so that she can build on it every year. And start with some positive right away. So tell me what your family does......

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 1:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in

• my son is in kinder. and just got his 1st report card. He failed art, LOL...... we talked about it and what the notes/letters mean, etc. When he is much older like 12+ and the grades are really mattering I'll come up w/ a reward system of some sort. Now it's all phonics, gym, counting pennies. No reward needed, it's all fun & games
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I reward them with things like special time with me or dad. Maybe a treat. Or just a family movie night. I am not sure if it is just our local one or everywhere. But I seen on the news where our area Krispy Kreme doughnuts will give kids one doughnut for every A. They will give them up to 6. I thought that was neat.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010