Would you want gifts?

My husband has been a POS for a long time. He lies about pot, staying late at the office playing on-line games, we sleep in separate rooms, he's just an a$$. I stay for the kids and the hope it'll get better.

Anyways, apparently he thinks gifts can make me feel better about us. He keeps asking what size clothes I am so he can go shop for me. I told him he SUCKS and that if he wants to spend money on me he has to realize he's shopping for a wife that thinks he SUCKS and that our marriage can't be bought with gifts.

It felt so good to tell him that, whew.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm with hibbingmom. I would tell him if he wants to spend money on me, spend it on couseling.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• He's gift would be an apartment guide and a new suitcase
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think that if your happy in the relationship, you shouldn't stay just for the sake of the kids. Kids can pick up on the feelings of the parents.
    But, in regards to your question. I would say No amount of gifts could make me forget was an A$$ he is.

good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• yep. No amount.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd ask for counseling or the worlds kindest and most civil divorce
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Since you have decided to stay for the kids.

What have you and your husband been doing to try and make your relationship a better one? I hope you guys are working together to address the issues in your marriage and working together to try and rectify them. Otherwise, if you are feeling this way today, imagine how you are going to be feeling 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Tell him to jam the gifts up his ass. OMW!!!! -_______-
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Tell him the perfect gift would be divorce papers
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• gifts should come from the heart and it should be for good intentions...i think you really have to talk to him by heart and tell him how you really feel...hard to live in the same roof with that....
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010