I am freaking out and don't know how not to!

My DH is a very hard worker. He just started a new job the beginning of November doing what he loves....detailing cars. He puts his blood, sweat and tears into it. When he was hired NOTHING was said about him also being the "janitor". They just added this and that and now he's doing 2 fulltime jobs there. They are complaining that he doesn't "manage his time well" because he "takes too long on getting the cars out". They didn't tell him anything about how many he would have to get done in a day, either.
Well, he was told today that they will decide next Thursday if they are going to "keep him". He's been stressed. I knew it wasn't good. They are all making fun of him at work. He's been a bear to live with - even though we don't live together. (Long story - but not possible right now.) So, if he loses his job, he loses his housing and will end up in jail. We aren't making it on what he makes already and now we get to have another jobless Christmas!
I am sooooooooo sick and tired of fighting to try to make ends meet never mind trying to actually get ahead! My kids have had a very rough life since their dad and I made so many stupid decisions in the past. We are trying and committed to making better choices now, but they deserve the best and we can't even give them good enough! It breaks my heart!
I know - this isn't a question but it's what is happening to us right now and I can't do a thing to stop it! (NO! I cannot work - I am fully disabled.) I probably in the wrong catagory too. Sorry - I just don't care.

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Breathe mama! Breatheeee!!! BUMP!!!!!!!!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I don't understand. How is he being the janitor? I'm confused. Most places no matter where you work, everyone is responsible for keeping the shop clean no matter what your title is.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thats sad! Why will he go to jail?
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thanks....I don't feel like I can breathe....I feel like the world is closing in on us and I can't stop it. I am on meds, I am in counseling....nothing changes any thing! And my DH is so worried every day and I dread when he calls that he will tell me he's been fired. I am scared!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• He's on probation - and his PO will put him in jail if he can't pay his rent and gets kicked out.

I so want to call his boss and say "LOOK, you hired him to detail CARS not TOILETS!" He was just told by the boss's son "We had a 78 yr old guy doing your job and we never had any complaints...." My thought is: "Then why the hell isn't HE here instead of my DH?!"
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Don't mean to sound mean but as an employer in these tough times, its harder to keep things going in a company and it makes it more essential to have more productive employees. Many people where I work have to do more (maybe twice the amount) of work than they did several years ago. It is just the way it is. He needs to become the employee his employer wants to keep. He has obvious reasons to work his ass off to keep his job. It is all up to him! At this point he should talk to his boss about keeping his job and do whatever is asked of him as much as his abilities allow.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• bjane: Not to sound mean - but do you even KNOW what a detailer does? I don't think so! It takes a minimum of 1 hour to do one car! He removes all the seats, shampoos the carpets and seats, washes down the entire interior of the car, washes and hand waxes the exterior. They want him to do 20 cars a day PLUS clean every office, bathroom, waiting room all throughout the day. He is willing to meet their demands but needs more time to do it, so could he come in early or stay late? NOPE! He has to get this all done in 7 hours. IT IS NOT HUMANLY POSSIBLE! He DOES work his ass off all fucking day thank you very much! NOT to mention they also have him running for coffee, doughnuts, and lunches also! He is trying to do what they are asking him to do, but there is ONLY ONE of him and he was only told he would be detailing CARS NOT FUCKING TOILETS!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Anon - I was NOT verbally abusing ANYONE. I answered a comment from someone basically claiming my DH wasn't doing his share when in fact he IS doing the job of 3 if not 4 people. I do not "always flip out" but when someone is personally attacking me or my family - I WILL set the record straight. Don't like it? Too bad! Don't care. That statement alone proves how juvenile your thinking is not to mention your lack of accurate spelling. I exaggerate some things....Ha! No, cupcake, I don't. I tell the truth. Don't like that? Too bad. Don't care. I have and attitude of entitlement? Sure, I AM entitled to be treated with respect as is my DH as this is what this post is about. Don't like that? Don't care. Too bad. I leave things out? Yes I do. Personal issues that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and has nothing whatsoever to do with the issue I am posting about. Don't like it? Too bad. Don't care. Leave me alone. Harass someone else.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You post this stupid bullshit, and then tell people it's none of their business? Wow, you want respect but you start cussing out someone for trying to help? You are so full of crap. No wonder why your life sucks.
    Anonymous

• Anon - leave me alone! I never said my life sucks, and I don't post anymore bullshit than anyone else - far less, I know! I am NOT full of crap - only people who hide behind the anon button and post hateful garbage like this are full of crap (If the shoes fits...). I did not cuss her out - and certainly didn't cuss you out. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010