I'm so grossed out!

My 10 month old puppy is in heat. I have never had a dog before and it has been two weeks so far. Her vulva is so swollen and it moves when she walks. I know that I of all people should not be grossed out by this since I am pregnant, but she is this little dog with a HUGE orangutan butt! Plus she is bleeding on my stuff but she refuses to let me diaper her or put anything on her for it. I just want it to be over so I can get her fixed (I wanted to do it before she even went into heat but BF's check has been lower than normal).

Am I wrong for not wanting her laying on me or even really near me? I think alot of it has to do with my hormones but I dunno. It just really grosses me out.

MammaMia72

Asked by MammaMia72 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't blame you, I would be grossed out, too. I've never owned a female dog that wasn't fixed, so I've never had that problem.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:58 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I don't blame you, I am kinda really growsed out too! So, I think we're hormonal and sensative too. Don't beat yourself up about it. I would designate a room to the pup and it wouldn't be mine lol. Good luck
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 2:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ewww..i'm not even pregnant and that's gross!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 2:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• well, we let our boxer go into heat a few times before we got her fixed. yes, it is gross but we kept her in her cage in the garage because it is even MORE disgusting to just let her wander around bleeding everywhere. She let us put on doggie diapers,but ripped them off as soon as we weren't looking. We praised her with treats more when we had to 'put her out' too. Also, try calling around to your local vets or SPCA - there are usually programs for low income people that neuter/spay for next to nothing. Good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:19 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Ewww....yeah your in the right for thinking its gross, %p
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• its normal to be grossed out honestly you have a right not wanting her to be on your stuff or you but if she's young she don't understand why your pushing her away also if you really want to um keep it from leaking on things you have to put the diaper on her and use an e collar ( what they use to keep dogs from licking their stitches after surgery) for awhile or get some stuff from petsmart if you have one near you called bitter yuck or bitter apple its sour she most likely wont like sour stuff
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:52 AM on Nov. 7, 2008