cholesterol high blood pressure

I was told my cholesterol is a little high and that if I regulate it I will also be able to bring down my blood pressure. I keep checking it sometimes when I go to walmart and yesterday it was 143/80 it used to be 137/100 I need to get both numbers down I read that braggs with mothers,apple cider vinegar 1T 3x's a day in grape juice will help lower the cholesterol and my bp. I also need to exercise at least twice a day which is hard to do considering how cold it is outside. She told me to start walking a lot! She didnt tell me what foods I can eat though I'm married to a man who loves to eat his meat and potatoes,however potatoes aren't good for people with high cholesterol I want to change my whole families diet because they're just not getting good nutrition in my opinion. I know I need to stay clear of vegetable oil butter and margarine,olive oil is good for me. Also eggs milk and cheese is bad for me to. I don't know what I can eat anymore,I can't afford to eat salad all the time. This is why most of america is fat because the good foods we need to eat are too expensive. So I would like someone to post a 7 day meal plan thats helped reduce thier bp and cholesterol,and this would be for breakfast lunch and dinner. Please thank you.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 2:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Health

• Have you looked into clean eating?  The link there is to my journal, which is an introduction to clean eating.  I've lost over 30 lbs now using that, and it can make a HUGE difference in cholesterol and blood pressure. PM me if you want detailed info, and food suggestions.  I'm happy to share!

Limit red meats to twice a week, and always go with lean cuts (anything with "loin" in the name, top round, flank steak, top sirloin, are all good lean cuts, and lean or extra lean ground beef).  Switch to ground turkey instead of ground beef.  Add veggies to every meal, and add cauliflower to your potatoes.  Are you making baked potatoes?  Add broccoli to them, and use greek yogurt instead of sour cream. 

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Get some exercise DVDs you can do at home. My favorite is anything by Jillian Michaels. DS does them with me! It's really cute, as he's only 2.

Keep lots of frozen veggies in the freezer to use at any time.

http://cleaneatingmag.com/ Check this out for lots of recipe ideas

musicpisces

• Please look up "Apple Cider Vinegar Cures"..

It is highly shown to LOWER high blood pressure...it's safe, natural, and very cheap. ;)

It does taste gross, but if you mix it with a cup of green tea (every morning) along with honey, you might find a difference when you chek yuour numbers next time...;)
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 8:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2010