RASH!! Could it be egsama? (sp?)

Please go to my page and look at the first Three photos of my youngest son's legs. He has had this rash for several days now and nothing is helping it to go away. We finally gave him benedril tonight we'll see how that works. :( It doesn't seam to bother him or anything it just worries me. My oldest hasn't gotten any rashes like this one... yet... I don't think it's any of the food he ate or it would be all over his body. I'm thinking it may be egsama or our detergent (sp?) What do you ladies think????

Leauna

Asked by Leauna at 1:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is ezcema!!! Luckly I went to the Dr. tho he has an ear infection!!!

Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 9:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yes, that looks very much like eczema, but you should have the doctor check it out first. In the meantime keep it dry and try some hydrocortisone cream.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:07 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I have a kid with eczema and have had contact dermatitis and it didn't look anything like that. That actually reminds me of ring worms that my niece got from her pet rabbit. I think your going to have to take him to a doctor. It might also be a good idea to google rashes and see if you can identify it. Good luck!

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:09 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I looked up rashes google and webmd I came up with either ezcema or bed bugs. both look really close to what he has on his legs. What do you ladies think??

Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 2:56 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree with the above poster. It doesnt look like eczema to me. It might be impetagio which is a virus I believe, that is very easy for kids to pick up if there are pets in the house or they are in daycare. Call the doctor in the morning and see if they can check it out. Good luck
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 2:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Maybe the picture isn't showing them clearly enough. Eczema has a bunch of little tiny bumps that can get inflamed if they're being scratched or are really dry. When you touch it, you can feel a little tiny hard-ish bump in it. Even if it is eczema, you'll have to get it checked out by a doctor so plan on going even if you think it is.

Can you describe the rash more? Is it dry and scaly, are they solid raised bumps like a hive, is there anything seeping out of them?

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The rash is ruogh dry skin and when i gave him the benedrial the redness when away. It's in small circles from his thighs to his caves (sorry about the spelling I'm a REALLY BAD speller LOL) It isn't anywhere else on his body just his legs. There isn't anything seeping out and no hard bumps. My neighbor use to work in our hospital here in town. I showed her and she's thinking ezcema too. I plan on taking him in to a Dr. once I get down to OK to see my mom. I'll keep you all posted Thanks Leauna

Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 11:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008