8 month old

My 8 month old will not take a nap or sleep at night in her crib...if i rock her to sleep and put her dwn she wakes up...if i lay her down awake she screams and i dont like that. How did u get your baby to sleep peacefully in their crib???

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 2:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You might just have to ease your way out of the room. If you rock her and put her in teh crib and then she wakes up, try rubbing her belly or back while she is in there until she dozes off again. As time goes by, she might just stay asleep the whole time. Little by little it should get better!
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Keep her up later. She will eventually be tired enough that she will fall soundly asleep and you can put her in her crib. After she wakes up in the crib for several mornings in a row, she will start to figure it out.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• ive tried keeping her up but she gets over tired and will fight it really bad and screams
    TiffanieAnn

Comment by TiffanieAnn (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I didn't. That's why I co-slept. We all slept peacefully.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• DS refused to sleep in his crib before 11 months. Even then, it was a struggle. I had to rock him to sleep in my arms, then very very carefully put him in and hope he didn't wake up. I hated it. You'll get there, mama, just try to be patient.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• We also co-slept so i didn't have that problem.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My baby boy likes to have light on. He is also 8 months old and WILL NOT go to sleep in a completely dark room. Which is fine because they claim that lights helps to decrease SIDS. I always put him down, talk to him for a moment (he has always been in his own bed too though), rub his hair and tell him how much I love him, turn on his mobile, give him his passy if he acts like he wants it, snuggle him in his covers and then ease my way out of the room always keeping eye contact with him and telling him how much I love him.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• we had the same problem with DS, I just developed a routine, read a book, feed him (bottle or breastfeed-whichever you do) and then rock him then down to sleep he goes, it took about a week of him crying but he eventually got the picture and now he goes down to easily!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I agree, routine is the key. My son had a schedule that's been tweeked a little bit as he's getting older, but he has his neb, eats, bath, story, bottle and bed.
    If you start the rountine now, just make sure that your baby is all taken care of dry, not hungry, not teething. And it's ok to check on after 10 minutes. if continues to cry, let them it will eventually get better.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• im having simalar problems
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 4:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010