Am I wrong

My friends little girl and my older son have bdays in the same week. We made plans for her daughters party to be one week and my sons to be the next... we are taking two friends of his and going to stay in a hotel and going to bass pro shop. it is a 2 1/2 hour drive. Well I just found out that i have classes on Saturdays starting the 15th. So I have to have his party on the same day as hers so we cant go. She keeps sending me nasty messages telling me how mean I am and how crappy it is that I done this to her. Its not like it was my choice. I have to miss everyone of my sons bball games to... but i have to go to school. (college). I hate it that she is being so bad about it... but she is kinda making me feel bad about it... what would you do. i go to school every Saturday until May 15. His bday is in January

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Your son comes first and things just work out that way. But for the notes just injore them and I am sure they will stop soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I dont think so School is important... try explaining things to her and just apologize....things do come up that you can not control...this is just one of them
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Tell her to suck it up. There will be more birthday parties.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• What about Sunday?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I do think that it is wrong to plan a birthday on a day that there is already a birthday. Especially if you are close friends. I think that I would have planned it for a week beforehand or another time. Now is it right for her to be sending you nasty messages, no. I am guessing that her feeling are hurt
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• ask her what she suggests you do? I understand her being bummed about it, but it sounds like she is being really immature, you have to go to school and you can't just skip out on giving DS a birthday party so I don't see what other choice you have.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I would just say "I am sorry I really wanted to be at her party but I cant miss class and I cant miss doing something for my sons bday so I had to make a tough choice. I understand your feelings are hurt but I hope you will understand and stop trying to make me feel wors than I already do. "
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You should never feel guilty about putting yourself and your family first. Apologize and explain that, unfortunately its your only option. If she's still nasty, perhaps its time for a friend-breakup?
    jennyd76

Answer by jennyd76 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Did you explain to her that you have school? Maybe she is jealous that you are doing something more with your life. Time to kick her to the curb if she can't be understanding. It isn't the end of the world that your son's birthday party is on the same day as her child's. Do they even have the same friends? Your life doesn't revolve around hers. Tell her to grow up.
    Anonymous

• No Anon 257 they do not have the same friends...her little girl is turning 5 and my son is turning 10.... Big difference....... We have had this before.... for her sons bday.. my baby who was 1 at the time had a severe ear infection and was running an 104 fever.... she threw a fit until i got her out and went to the bday for a half hour. She is just a very jealous type...my daughter was in a stae pageant and she went... her daughter was not center of attention so she was mean to my little girl all weekend and repaetedly tried to talk me into leaving early.. I am not sure what the deal is. All I know is I did want to go to he rparty... ic ant have it the weekend before because that is my nephews bday and my other friend invited us to go stay at her house.... for her little girls bday... I am sorry I cant fit it all in.... like I told her I am going to miss every one of my 7 year olds ball games. It sucks but I have to do what
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010