Dont know what more to do with toddlers

I have two toddlers under 3. im a stay at home mom and feel my kids watch alot of tv. I try to do art projects and go to the park we even are with a gym and i go 5 times a week and the kids play outside with other kids for 2 hours a day. all the time inbetween they are watching cartoons or movies. I dont know what to do to fill up there day. they have their toys but lose interest fast. when i try to turn off the tv and turn music on they get upset. my kids watch at least 6 hours of tv a day. help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What I do for my 3 year old is we paint. I make homemade playdough...We find crafts OL all the time. There is so much funstuff to do and its also cheap. Google playdough recipes and up pops quite a few. from Koolaid playdough to edible playdough. You can also google kid crafts.
    Another thing that is fun...Check at your local library to see if they have story time for preschoolers and take them to participate in that. Our story time offers a couple of stories with some songs and poems...After that there is a couple of crafts then someone brings a snack, Its funand free unless it is your day for the snack,

AND finally you can also sign them up for some tumbling and if yopu have a rec center close by they usually have activities for preschoolers that is cheap and they get to interact and be active...Hope this helps!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 2:15 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Do they have pretend play toys like Kitchens and Tool set tables? Im getting my 3 year old a nice kitchen for Christmas. Hopefully we can "cook" together and watch less TV.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• we are already bought the kids a kitchen for christmas and i cant wait cuz at the daycare at the gym they love it. also to the first answer. i have tried crafts but can you really fill a whole day with that everyday? and is watching tv bad for them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would get them involved in learning buy some fun flash cards and letter magnets. You can also involve them in cleaning kids love to help of course no hard task but they will feel great when you tell them how great of a job they did. so many things to do during the holidays all kinds of crafts just what ever it is try to drag it out.
    mybaby825

Answer by mybaby825 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2008