What are the pros of being an only child?

MommyBird388

Asked by MommyBird388 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• you get alot of one on one time with your parents, you get more help with homework, more gifts for Christmas, maybe more opportunity to travel, you always get to pick the cereal, dont have to share a room, you get to have only your pictures down the hallway
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• oh yea and you are your parents favorited kid!
    ria7

• Only children get all the resources...attention, nurturing, and money.

For example, i can pay for piano lessons for my son $20/week. I couldn't do $40/week if i had to pay for two children.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I had a great childhood! I wasnt spoiled though. But I definitely didnt go without. And Im my mommys favorite :0) lol.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 2:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was an only child. I think the pros depend on the parents. I wasn't raised to be spoiled yet I didn't go without. I think it helped me to be more humble. I didn't have it in me to be mean and fight, which I guess could be a pro and a con because it has taken along time to learn how to balance standing up for myself and when to let it go. There was always love to go around. I never felt I had to share it with anyone.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I am not sure but I hope Max will tell me when he's older :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• NOOOOOO SHARING!!! Ha ha ha. :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Being the only child lol. But as you get older you don't have siblings to share memories with and lean on. I'm always for kids having at least one sibling.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I am very happy I am an only child. I get all my parents hand me downs with nobody to fight over it. They are free to come and visit me where my DH's parents can't ( we live 900 miles away). I had all the attention in the world from both of my parents.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I hope my son loves it! He tells me all the time, "Mommy, I do not want brothers or sisters."
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010