teachers wedding

my sons second grade teacher is having a church ceremony tomorrow (she and her dh were married civilly last year) she has been such agreat teacher and we love her! She has invited her entire class to the ceremony! Lovely idea I thought and said to her and she expressed how much the kids mean to her... what should we get her as a gift? the children are not going to the reception

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Since the wedding is tomorrow, why not just take pics of all the students and their parents around the church. Then you can get her a digital picture frame & give her the card with the pics on it later in the week. If you have photoshop software, you can really expand it by having every write something to her & her husband and digitally add it to the pics.

PS...I love that there is at least ONE more mom in the world that waits til the last minute like me! LOL
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:08 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have no idea. Maybe money? Or a gift card? BUMP!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• something with her new name for her desk
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• since near christmas a nice orament for their tree, kitchen towels or potholders or something for their kitchen, gift card for movies or out to eat, have your son make something for them like a picture. Since a teacher maybe a calender for next year.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Get her a gift card from the place she registered.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 2:33 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• That's tough. I don't think you need to get a real (money) wedding gift. But maybe a christmas ornament with a bride/groom, or a handmade card from your daughter. Can the whole class donate $10 each and then get a restaurant gift card?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i agree, something from the kids... if it's a shoebox full of hand made cards with a gift card in it... pictures of them, etc...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Anything that you would normally give to a bride!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Get her something from her registry, like any other woman getting married.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I am obviously late on this but I think it so sweet that the children mean so much to her. I am sure she appreciated anything that was given to her and she expected nothing. I am sure she just wanted them there to enjoy her day.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 2:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2010