how do you fos/adopt a child if you work full time and are single? is there any special daycare programs for foster kids?

jcouch64

Asked by jcouch64 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Adoption

• It depends on your state but probably not.

You may recieve some assistance paying for child care but it probably won't cover the entire cost...you'd have to make up the rest.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• We just went through fostering classes. In our state, they do not cover daycare costs. They do give you a stipend for food and clothing, things like that. In our state, the minimum stipend is just over $600 per month. That's not near enough to cover daycare costs.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was single for 6 years of doing foster care. My mom was my babysitter who also provided transport to visitations. I paid her so much out of the check each month for doing it. For the younger ones it is one of the best things because they quickly have stablity in their lives. They know exactly where they are going and they get a lot of one on one attention from her & my dad.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010